I can’t believe my baby girl is so big! She truly has come into her own in so many ways over this last year. Just looking at her pictures from last year where she was just a tiny baby with barely-there hair on her head, to full locks of curly blonde hair in no time flat! She is quite the spunky girl!
Sienna’s Golden 1st Birthday last year
A few things about Sienna:
1. She loves to give hugs, kisses, etc. Very affectionate. She can get pretty possessive over Mommy and can be quick to nudge her brothers if she thinks they’re taking up her Mommy time. This girl loves being with her mommy. She’s truly a Mama’s girl and I love it. She splits salads with me when we go out to eat, and she climbs in my lap any given moment.
2. She loves story time before bed. Her favorite books are Sandra Boynton book and her current favorites are the Little Pookie series. It never gets old to her!
3. Similarly to number 2, she loves story time at the Library. Listening, clapping, dancing, getting attention and having fun… she’s all about it.
4. She’s a fan of music and dance parties. She is quick to shake her waistline to the beat of fun kid songs in the playroom, or even jam out in the car to her latest pop music fave. She’s a clown.
5. She loves pretty much every toy. She likes little lego men quite a bit. She’s fascinated by the fact that you can take the legs off and put on different ones, and she likes that they’re small. She also loves baby dolls, dogs, Sophia doll, her kitchen set, little people, star wars characters- especially Darth Vader (Daaat- Vaaadaa) Who knew? She loves outside toys, balls, tball, her scooter, her pink coup…etc. This girl can get into it all. She loves girly toys, but can hang with the boy’s toys too!
6. She doesn’t really watch a lot of TV, she’s usually playing when the boys are watching a show, but she does love Dora. Occasionally she’ll sit through a whole show while I clean the kitchen or get some chores done, but she mostly likes the opening song. She also likes to watch Sesame Street sometimes and she’s starting to get into Sophia the First. She loves the opening song, but hasn’t sat for the entire show.
7. The girl can eat. Like I mentioned in number one, she loves to split a salad with me. The boys never liked salads, but I just love that about her. She’s my side kick at Zoe’s kitchen, chowing down on almost half of my quinoa chicken salad. She isn’t a big breakfast eater, but makes up for it for lunch and dinner. LOVES to steal mama’s food, so it’s a good incentive to keep it clean so she doesn’t eat junk! Her favorite snack to steal right now is pistachios. She’s my little side kick. I hope that never changes.
8. Rough housing with Daddy and brothers is a big favorite. If I had to name one thing she loved doing most with the guys in the house, it would have to be horse playing! Whether it’s with foam light sabers, piling up on Daddy’s back, or having silly tickle sessions… She loves it all! She can dish it out, too!
9.She loves to talk! I think she is pretty advanced in her verbal skills, and may even be ahead of where the boys were at this age. She is pretty darn good at communicating her needs, and can throw on the drama and emotion when needed! The girl is even starting to get opinionated about the clothes that she wants to wear. “NO, MAMA, I want SOPHIA dress!” Hmmm… It’s 30 degrees, you’re wearing pants, doll. We’re in trouble!
10. Every. Where. I. Go. “Aw.. Isn’t she cute?!”… “What a pretty little girl”… “She’s adorable!!”. I know I’m bias, but she is quite possibly the cutes little 2 year old girl EVER. I get reminded of it every where I go, but I already know it. I love her sweet smile and her spunky spirit. She’s so beautiful to me inside and out!
The morning of Sienna’s birthday, we went in and surprised her with some Dora balloons and started singing to her. She was super excited about her special day!
For Sienna’s party, we decided to do a Build-A-Bear party. She loves stuffed animals, and has enjoyed being in the store before, and we thought she would be old enough to enjoy the build-a-bear experience. She had lots of opinions about the animal she wanted to pick, and didn’t like almost anything I showed her. She ended up with the Hello Kitty animal, and didn’t want to get any clothes on her. I think she just wanted to keep her soft and cuddly! I think the boys had more of a good time than she did, but it was still a lot of fun.
The party continued upstairs near the carousel. We sang to Sienna, everyone enjoyed a homemade cupcake, and most of the kids rode the carousel. I was surprised that Sienna knew what to do for her birthday candle. She blew it right out. I remember practicing this with Parker before his second birthday because I was afraid he wouldn’t know what to do… but then while everyone sang, he was trying to blow the candle out instead of waiting until the end. So this time I didn’t bother trying to teach her, but she was smart enough to see her buddy Walker blow it out first, and she followed the lead!
When we were at the mall last week, we saw that they had little stuffed animals that you could rent and ride on. Seriously… How cool is that? So, we told the boys that maybe we would try it for Sienna’s birthday. So, that’s what we did. The boys got a tiger, and Daddy and Sienna got a Rhino. Aunt Amanda took a turn for fun too. They all had a blast!
We ended the evening with Sienna opening some amazing gifts from some generous friends and family. Sunday morning was spent playing with all her fun toys since one kid had a belly ache (probably too much sugar over the weekend) and Mommy was nursing a sore throat and we didn’t make it to church. It was also very chilly out, so Daddy enjoyed building us our first fire of the season. Overall, a fun birthday weekend!