I feel like Parker has grown tremendously in the last year. He’s started a new sport-soccer, developed a love of running, he completed his first chapter book, and he became an active tiger cub in Boys Scouts. He’s also a great big brother and helper at home, with generally a positive attitude and an optimistic outlook on life. Parker also loves the outdoors and spends a lot of his outside time in the woods behind our home making “forts” and pretend campsites with his brother, Mason.
He makes Dan and I so proud. When I think about all the things that I had hoped for in a kid when he was just a little baby, he’s been everything we’d hoped he’d be and more!
With all that to say, it’s really crazy to see how fast the time has flownby. When I look back at his milestone photos, it’s so fun to see how much he’s change over the years. He’s growing into such a fine handsome boy. In a blink, he’s now seven.
I asked these questions to Parker when he turned four, and thought it would be fun to see how the answers have changed now that he’s seven.
1. Who’s your favorite super hero? Spiderman
2. What is your favorite color? Red
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a Dad, and work on a computer like Daddy at Splunk
4. Where do you want to live when you get older? Pennsylvania
5. What’s your favorite TV show? Spiderman
6. What’s your favorite book? Magic Treehouse
7. What’s your favorite toy? Action Figures (Spiderman, Army men, etc.)
8. Who’s your best friend? Mason, Logan C., Logan H., and Coal
9. What’s your favorite song? Star Wars Theme song and One Call Away by Charlie Puth
10. What’s your favorite food? PB&J, carrots, and apples
The morning of his party day, we had a low-key morning. He enjoyed opening his gifts (all spiderman themed) in our room and we chatted on the front porch together while I drank my morning coffee. I love our little moments we get to have together.
I tell myself every year that I’m not going to go crazy with party planning, but each year I end up doing something fun anyway. I just love parties, really. I can’t help myself. Parker went to a party at Stars and Strikes last year for a friend, and loved it. He asked for a Spiderman party, so I obliged and added capes and face masks to the party guests to bring home as a party favor. It ended up being a lot of fun to have them on during laser tag, bowling and bumper cars. All the kids had a blast!
Parker told me as we were walking over to the bumper cars that this was the best party ever, and thanked me. I just love how thoughtful he is.
We finished the night with a slumber party in Parker’s room. Mason slept in Parker’s bed with him, and Sienna got to sleep in her sleeping bag on the floor. They loved it.
The morning of his actual birthday, I made him pancakes before school, and we sang to him at breakfast. I surprised him by coming to visit him at school for lunch and he enjoyed cupcakes with his classmates. I’m pretty sure he felt special for his birthday!