So, life has been a little crazy lately. Here’s a little ‘cap
1. I think my need to have everything perfect was just the mojo I needed to kick this baby nursery into motion. Dan and I finally got dates to all of our tasks outlined on our excel spreadsheet last week, and we’re happy to report that we have some things crossed off. Yippee! I need to say for the record that my husband is a real trooper because I know it hasn’t been easy dealing with my list of demands and detailed action items and my “Hey sweetie…Can you move this please!?” in the middle of his workday.
2. Everyone tells me that babies/toddlers go through phases. I’ve experienced this a few times with Parker and most of the time, I’m happy to report that the unpleasant phases are short lived, and I get my cute little pumpkin face back to himself in no time. However, why does it seem like the unpleasant phases are never ending? For the past week, Parker hasn’t been the Mommy’s boy that I’m used to him being. Oh no. He LOVES his Daddy. Wakes up calling for Dada, cries until he gets Dada, and heaven forbid I ever try to take him from Dada’s hands. That would be a nightmare. It’s sad because I miss the days when he NEEDED me. As if that wasn’t bad enough, he’s also started to really test boundaries and get VERY temperamental when removed from the situation or forced to do something he doesn’t want to do (ie; go down for a nap). I was pretty embarrassed last week when I had him over at someone’s house for a play date. He kept trying to crawl into their office to play with the cords, grab old lamps in corners, open china cabinet drawers, etc. Everytime I removed him from the room or item, he had a full blown temper tantrum with screaming and arching and shaking his head! What has happened to my little angel? Please…someone out there tell me there is hope. Please tell me he’s not turning into one of THOSE kids…the ones you whisper about and say that your kid will NEVER be like…yeah, those.
3. Parker loves to have visits from his Nanny (what he calls my Mom). My Mom just lights up when she sees him, and he does the same. He’s always so good for her too (at least that’s what she says…like she would say that he was BAD) so they’re perfect together. Dan and I in the meantime have been enjoying some great nights out…just the two of us. Last Saturday night we went to see the movie “Life as we Know it”. It was really cute. We just couldn’t resist seeing a comedy that depicted two adults who have no idea what they were doing, caring for an adopted one year old. Oh, and did I mention that Josh Duhamel is in it? BONUS! The little girl was really cute. I hope I have a little girl one day.
4. We were invited to a birthday party last Saturday. It was at a cute little farm north of Atlanta. The party started at 10, so we thought we’d try and make it and see how Parker would do with just one nap. Well, let’s just say he’ll be keeping that am nap for quite some time. He was SO tired! He still managed to have some fun helping Mama paint the pumpkin and feed the fish. He also LOVED feeding the goats and letting them lick his fingers. Poor little guy was exhausted though. It was unseasonably warm too, which didn’t help matters. We did decide that we would return for a family trip to pick out our first REAL Christmas tree. I’m looking forward to that!
5. I love the random things my husband says to me. While wiping Parker’s face the other night he looks at me and says “Are you using a clorox wipe?” Yes, dear…I AM that neurotic about things being clean.
6. At the end of this month we’re planning on going to an assisted living facility locally and deliver pumpkins and goodies and bring our kids dressed up in their finest Halloween costumes. We’ll be doing this with our bible study group, who also has small kids around Parker’s age. This year Parker will be a black bear. It really is the cutest little costume. I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces when they see all our kids all dressed up. There’s something so sweet about the elderly and young kids coming together that makes me smile. Pictures to follow!
7. Only three days left until we get to find out how little wiggles is doing. It’ll be exciting since I’ve only seen 7 week old ultrasound pictures and I’m really curious to see! I pray that everything is developing as normal and that the baby cooperates so that we can see the sex of the baby. Some people can wait, but I just can’t. There’s something about knowing if it’s a boy or girl that helps me to form an even closer bond with the little one growing inside me. I can’t wait to see what it is. Any guesses?
8. I’ve been having such a great time with Parker at the Park lately. It’s been our favorite place to play and laugh. I bring my trusty waterproof picnic blanket, and Parker’s cheese bread, turkey and sippy cup of milk, and walker and we’re set. However, we could leave all of that behind and Parker would be happy just swinging in the swing. It is his absolute favorite thing to do.
9. Did I mention that Parker was able to meet Darth Vader? We heard about a fundraiser called “Music for Megan” and there were lots of fun things for kids to do, which included inflatable slides, ginormous bubbles to pop and Star Wars characters! Those of you who know my husband, knows what a big deal this is. He (Parker) was SO fascinated by him!
10. We’re leaving soon to enjoy a nice week in Asheville. I can’t wait to spend some nice time with my family enjoying each other, the local attractions, and the beautiful fall foliage!