I proudly finished my first sewing project using a pattern! I’ve “winged” several projects before with just vision, but do not have a lick of experience using a pattern. Last night I put my final stitches in a box pleated crib skirt. It was much harder than I had anticipated. I got pretty frustrated with the first skirt, and screwed it up quite a bit that I gave up the first night I started it, but plugged through and finished last night.
Unfortunately when I thought I was done I wasn’t. I had Dan come upstairs to remove the crib matress and with much anticipation, I placed the newly finished crib skirt on the spring frame- only to find out that I had sewn the front part of the skirt on backwards! I figured it would be easier to seam rip the sides out than to mess with the front with the box pleat, so that’s what I did. What a pain! It was well worth it in the end. It looks super cute and hides the gap underneath the matress.
So, I’ve started to think about what my next project will be. I have some of the owl fabric (above) left, but not much. I found this blog: Motherhood for Dummies and she has great ideas on making fabric blocks which will be an excellent way to use up the last bit of fabric I have. I’ve never made fabric toys before but I would love to try…maybe my next project!