We had a wonderful time with my Mom and little sister Amanda going to see the lights at Lake Lanier Friday night. We enjoyed roasting marshmallows by the fire and picking out this year’s ornament which has become a family tradition. These pictures are from my iphone, so they’re not the best of quality.
It was so nice to relax this weekend after such a busy week at work. We enjoyed some hot chocolate as we watched the live nativity scene. It was a great reminder of why we celebrate each and every year. Their arms were raised and they were praising God for our savior. What a beautiful symbol of love.
Dan and I moseyed around a lot on Saturday. We had my grandparents over for lunch and I made my famous Shepherd’s pie. My grandparents are so wise and we always enjoy the conversations we have with them. It’s always such a joy to spend time with them. Here’s some cute photos from our lazy Saturday afternoon with the pups and some of our holiday decorations.
I’m off to a new week at work. Hopefully this one won’t be as stressful as last week. December is a stressful month in general, so I have come up with a plan to control my stress and anxiety.
- I will work out at least 5x a week
- I will spend time with God, praying, reading the word and journaling my thoughts every day
- I will give back at least once a week to someone in need without expecting anything in return
- I will attend yoga class at least once a week
- I will leave work at work, and remind myself that I do not get my identity solely through my career
- I will spend time with my husband and find ways to enrich our relationship
Everyone: Help hold me accountable to this!